- SAHGB Annual Conference, Liverpool, England, September 3-6, 2009. http://www.sahgb.org.uk/index.cfm/display_page/Events%20Conference
- Metropolitan Desires: Cultural Reconfigurations of the European City Space, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, England, September 8-9, 2009.
- The New Tradition (3), Dresden, Germany, October 9, 2009. http://tu-dresden.de/die_tu_dresden/fakultaeten/fakultaet_architektur/ibad/neue_tradition
- Agents of the Renaissance – Transfer Processes in Art between 1400 and 1600, Zurich, Switzerland, October 9-10, 2009. www.kulturtransfer.ch
- At the Intersection of Cultures: Architecture and Architectural Decoration in the Iberian Peninsula in the Sixth to Eleventh Centuries, Heidelberg, Germany, Tentative conference dates: October 30 – November 1, 2009.
- And Diverse are their Hues: Color in Islamic Art and Culture, Córdoba, Spain, 2–4 November 2009 The Hamad bin Khalifa Symposium on Islamic Art is a leading international conference on Islamic art and culture, presented by Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts, VCUQatar and the Qatar Foundation. Speakers to include: Olga Bush; Maribel Fierro; Samir Mahmoud; Julie Scott Meisami; Lawrence Nees; Bernard O’Kane; Cheryl Porter; Noha Sadek; Michael Schreffler; Marianna Shreve Simpson; Manu P. Sobti & Mohammad Gharipour; and Jon Thompson. For more information, please visit www.islamicartdoha.org or contact email@example.com
- Slavery and the British Country House: Mapping Current Research, Saturday 21November 2009, New Academic Building, London School of Economics, 54 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3LJ http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/nav.20916 and http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/SlaveryBCH.pdf “As part of the legacy of the 2007 Bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade, English Heritage, the National Trust and the University of the West of England (UWE) are jointly sponsoring this one-day conference exploring the links between the country house in Britain and the Atlantic slave trade. Building on important new research in this area, this conference will promote wider public understanding of the many ways in which the fortunes of the landed elite and their country houses were intertwined with slavery and the slave trade.”
- Luminous Architecture in the 20th Century (1907-1977) – Applications of Electricity in Lighting Buildings: Research, Design, Development, Reception, Nantes, 10–12 December 2009. For more information see Current Call for Papers Page.
- Architecture_Culture_Ruhr 1945-1975: Components for a Modern Ruhr District, Dortmund, Germany, February 25-27, 2010.
- 98th ACSA (Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture) Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, March 2010. https://www.acsa-arch.org/conferences/Annual2010.aspx
- Rhythm. Harmony. Proportion: The Relation between Architecture and Music, Salzburg, Austria, March 18-21, 2010.
- Renaissance Society of America (RSA) Annual Meeting, Venice, Italy, April 8-10, 2010. http://www.rsa.org/meetings/future.php
- Retrospection in the Art and Architecture of Romanesque Europe, April 9-11, 2010, British Archaeological Association.
- The conference aims to examine how and why a concern for the past manifested itself in the art and architecture of the Latin Church during the Romanesque period. The papers at the conference are therefore concerned with the revival of classical or earlier medieval forms, spolia, selective quotation, archaism, and the construction of histories. More information will be provided in the Joining Instructions sent out to registered delegates in February. A conference booking form for continental European and North American applicants only is available from either of the conference convenors; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com [and also on the ICMA web site under X]. A separate booking form for UK applicants and members of the BAA will be posted in September, 2009.
- European Architectural History Network (EAHN), First International Meeting, Guimarães, Portugal, 17–20 June 2010. Further information can be found at www.eahn2010.org.
- 10th International Conference on Urban History, City & Society in European History, Ghent, September 1-4, 2010. http://www.eauh2010.ugent.be/
- 99th ACSA (Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture) Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec, Canaada, March 2011. https://www.acsa-arch.org/conferences/
- Renaissance Society of America (RSA) Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, March 24-26, 2011. http://www.rsa.org/meetings/future.php
- Re-appraising the Neo-Georgian 1880-1980: An International Interdisciplinary Conference Organized by the Paul Mellon Centre for British Art, English Heritage and the Open University- May 6-7, 2011
- International Association for the Study of Traditional Environments, The Utopia of Tradition, IASTE 2010. American University of Beirut. 15-18 December 2010.
INTERNATIONAL LECTURES, CONFERENCES ARCHIVE
If you have information on conferences that have occurred between 2004 and 2009, please forward the information to SAHGradStudentBlog@gmail.com and we will post the information here.
- Third International Congress on Construction History, Cottbus, Germany, May 1, 2009. http://www.tu-cottbus.de/bautechnikgeschichte
- British Architecture Seen From Abroad – Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain and European Architectural History Network Annual Symposium, The Art Workers’ Guild Queen Square, London, May 16, 2009. http://web.me.com/asquins2002/Site_2/Symposium_2009.html
- Living in the Past: Histories, Heritage and the Interior, The 6th Modern Interiors Research Centre Conference, London, England, May 14-15, 2009. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/design/MIRC/conference09.html
- San Lorenzo: Architecture, Liturgy and Art in a Florentine Religious Community, Florence, Italy, May 27-30, 2009. www.itatti.it
- Cultural Crossroad: The 26th Annual Conference of the Society of Architectural Historians, Australia and New Zealand (SAHANZ), Auckland, New Zealand, July 2-5, 2009.http://www.sahanz.net/conferences/index.html
- 2nd International Conference on Landscape and Urban Horticulture, Universitá di Bologna, Italy, June 9-13, 2009.http://www.luh2009.org
- Hybrid Architectural Archives: Creating, Managing, and Using Digital Archives, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, June 11-12, 2009,http://conference.nai.nl
- Tenth International Baroque Summer Course: Baroque/Light, Color, Einsiedeln, Switzerland, June 28 – July 2, 2009,http://www.bibliothek-oechslin.ch
- Belgrade International Architecture Week ’09 Conference: Thinking about Post-WWII Housing, Belgrade, Serbia, July 3-4 July, 2009. http://www.nedeljaarhitekture.org